Monday, April 4, 2011

Sunday's Mosaic Class @ Lakeside Pottery in Stamford, CT

I was a very busy girl this past weekend and attended a workshop in Mosaics at the Lakeside Pottery Studio. It was taught by a young ceramicist teacher from Rhode Island who was able to squeeze into a mere 8 hours to teach us to make a finished mosaic product for the 9 of us- all women.

Not to bore you with the details, and after all, a picture is worth a thousand words, I have set up a few photos of my ready to be grouted #8 plaque along with 3 other student's works.






After the pics, I grouted mine with grey and others used white. It dried quickly and by the time I arrived home, it was ready to hang!
You should check out their website- http://www.lakesidepottery.com/Pages/mosaic-classes-workshops.html
Visit often as they add classes as their popularity grows. Both of the owners are artists in their own right and Patty Storms is having a showing of her art in a show of Life Lines @ Rockwell Gallery and Framing in New Canaan, CT. on April 15th.

Please support her and all new artists like myself in their endeavor to share their unique and creative visions with the general public!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the mosaic 8. I wrote a post about you on my blog. Hope you'll stop by and have a peek. And maybe some folks will find their way here, too!

    ReplyDelete