Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tax Week and Beyond

We are all feeling the pinch of the tax man this year (I know I don't speak only for myself here) but that doesn't mean we cannot appreciate the art around us and upcoming art and antique events!

My friend from Jamie's Antiques sent out a note about her take on what is happening in Europe, specifically, England, where, of course, all the buzz is ROYAL! She found some gorgeous antique silver heirlooms in Victorian lockets and "collars" and great Arts and Crafts pendants as well assembling a collection of Edwardian and Deco pieces. Be sure to visit her website at: www.rubylane.com/shops/jamiesantiques
and see her at the Morristown Armory April 30 and May 1, in Sturbridge, Mass. at the Antique Textiles and Vintage Fashions Show and Sale May 9, and lastly, at my favorite in Rhinebeck, NY at the Fairgrounds May 28 and May 29.

Locally, in CT, there are always "finds" at http://www.antiqueswoodbury.com/ where if you New Yorkers want a fun day trip, then you can visit more than 3 dozen or so Antique dealers in everything from Asian and European artifacts to Folk Art and Country furniture. Be sure to make a side trip on the winding roads to Carol Peck's restaurant somehow. You won't be disappointed.

Watch for my new posts in the next few weeks directing you to an additional and new blog/website for furniture and art consignment of designed pieces and accessories at values on the average of 70% below retail! My past clients have a few pieces they are recycling and my design resources are unloading custom items being held in their inventory. I will represent them to you and you can decide how "delicious" and irresistable they are.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment