Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Upcoming weekend's festivities-Oct 23rd and 24th

Planning is everything!
This weekend I am very excited and am thoroughly looking forward to my taking a mini-MONOTHON warmup workshop at the Center for Contemporary Printmaking, located in Mathews Park in Norwalk. It is in anticipation of my 4 day workshop starting Oct 27-30 from 10 AM-4 PM taught by the renowned Ron Pokrasso whose work I touted a while back in another post. The workshop helps experienced printmakers brush up on their monotyping skills, introduce new techniques, and prepare novice montoypers (c'est moi!) for MONOTHON. Ron Pokrasso has been a print artist for more than 25 yrs. and exhibits his work throughout the country. He teaches in Santa Fe as well as holds classes. See his work @ http://www.ronpokrasso.com/. Taking these classes will help me to evolve as an artist using different media and skills from my previous studio forums (Isabel O'Neill and the Finishing School) as well as my decoupage and art/design venues in order to develop original art using printmaking, collage and decoupage together. Then, I plan to apply my vintage acessories, like collectible antique buttons and jewelry and the like, to the frames for individual embellishment. Hopefully, I will have pictures to share with you in the next 2 weeks as the classes spur me on to a new frontier! Tell me pleez if you like any of my new work.
On another front, there is an Antique show in Greenwich, CT- the Kiwanis Antiques Show in the Old Greenwich Civic Center on Sat. 10-5 and Sun. 11-4. See u there or be square!

No comments:

Post a Comment