Monday, January 17, 2011

New Orleans Glassworks

I almost forgot to share with you the purpose of/for this blog which is all about the discovery of new art and artists on my journeys through towns, cities, and states.













Here are just a few of which show just a little piece of all the art I stumbled on- from all different mediums to even insects. I saw so much but was not always allowed to take pictures in many of the places. Of course, I found an artist for myself to buy- Teri Walker- who does blown glass objects mostly using a skull like face as a centerpiece in all different colors and glittering metallics. Hers are the little trio of masks. I saw art in windows everywhere and I visited the Ogden Museum with their eclectic collection of old and new art/artists. Geez, I guess I will have to make many more trips down there to cover the entire City more equitably!

No comments:

Post a Comment